Months of dreaming, planning and hard work goes into making your wedding day an unforgettable event. Numerous lists gets pulled up, planning everything to the minutest detail, and making sure that everything is in perfect order before the big day. One little detail that many brides forget to add to their list is a hanger to fit their gorgeous bridal attire. Just like you wouldn’t serve your delectable three course meal from plastic plates, we think it just as unsuitable to hang a beautiful wedding dress from an ugly hanger. We’ve have put together an easy step-by-step tutorial to make your own personalised wedding dress hanger. This can be a fun activity to do with your bridesmaids, making one for each of them as well. You can also surprise your groom with a personalised hanger.
Keep in mind that this is just a simple idea that can be changed and adapted to fit your personal style, so you can be really creative. Remember to choose a hanger that will work with the specific loops of your dress, taking the weight of the garment into account.
YOU WILL NEED:
- Unvarnished Wooden Hanger
- Alphabet Stamps
- Black Ink Pad
- Crocheted Doily
- Piece of string
- Find a clean work surface and cover it with a piece of newspaper or brown paper. Place all the supplies on the surface.
- Sort through the alphabet stamps and select the letters you wish to use.
- Dab the letters on the ink pad and first test the stamps on a piece of paper. Make sure that the corners of the letter stamps are free from wet ink.
- Now you can start to stamp the letters from left to right, repeating to test the stamps on a piece of paper before you press the ink down on the wooden hanger. Continue with this process till you spell out the word/words that you wish to add to the hanger.
- When done stamping leave the hanger to dry for a few minutes (approximately 10min)
- Now you can add the doily to the hanger. First cut off a piece of string (approximately 15 cm)
- Make a knot through one of the little holes near to the outer edge of the doily. Secure by making a double knot.
- Cut off the excess string.
- Attach the doily to the wire attachment of the hanger from the bottom. Press down on the wire hoop from the top to create a little space to attach the string.
- Attach and secure the string by making a double knot around the wire.
- Now press back the wire attachment so that it tightly fits into the hole.
- Cut off the excess string to create a clean and finished look.