Ever wonder why we toss confetti after a wedding ceremony? Traditionally, confetti is usually small pieces of coloured paper thrown over the bride and groom by their wedding guests to bring good luck.
Before paper confetti, Victorians used flowers, petals, grain or rice to shower the happy couple and to bestow prosperity and fertility. It’s safe to say that modern weddings have returned to using the more old-fashioned confetti of organic material.
Many brides make confetti their DIY wedding project, which is why we’ve created these simple yet classic confetti bags that will fit in with any wedding. Simply print it out, cut and stick it together then stuff them with your favourite form of confetti – whether it be modern or traditional, it’s all your choice!
- A4 White Kite Studio downloadable confetti bags
- 90gsm A4 Tracing paper (that can go through an inkjet printer)
- Double sided tape
- Confetti of your choice
- Download and print the confetti bags onto 90gsm tracing paper.
- Cut them out using scissors and fold in half.
- Using a ruler, measure 8cm pieces of double sided tape and stick the sides down to complete your bag.
- Pop your choice of confetti inside (leaves, petals, rice or paper) and enjoy!
Download your confetti bags
If you’ve been following us for a while, you know that the download button for printables has always been located at the top of our DIY posts. We’ve changed things up a bit and to find all your favourite prints from now on, we’ll be collecting them all in our new stationery shop.