Iaan and I are both in love with design, beautiful things and quirky ideas. Even before we got engaged we always sent each other pictures of things we like. One day Iaan send over a brilliantly awesome invitation! It was designed by the groom himself, Matt Dorfman. The invitation was the story of the couple, Matt & Gill. Iaan and I saved the image. Then when we got engaged, we started looking around for some cool ideas for invitations, but never saw anything as perfect as Matt’s invite. We decided to take some inspiration from his design and tell our own story (since we have a 8 years, 1 month and 29 days’ long story to tell, we couldn’t just send out a normal invite :)
Invite written by Iaan, designed by Christine :)
Some tips when designing/getting a designer (to do) your wedding invites:
1. Make sure you have a clear idea of the look and feel you want for your wedding invite, to help with this:
- Create a colour palette for your wedding.
- Have a look at different designs online and create a mood board of what you like. It’s also important to take note of the elements you don’t like.
- Collect different font tipes that you like, e.g. modern, cursive, calligraphy, scripts, fun etc.
2. Pick a few designer and look at their portfolio. Pick out your favourite designs.
3. Compare quotes.
4. Make sure you have your guest list with the addresses ready for the designer.
The actual invite design: