We are currently not accepting any new submissions. This year we’re doing things a bit differently and are hard at work creating something awesome! Make sure to keep an eye on our social media for more info.
Sign up to be notified when the period for submissions opens.
Please note: Editorial submissions are stories featured from our readers’ everyday lives, including real weddings, collaborative styled shoots, recipes and travel inspiration. If you would like to showcase your brand, please head over here to see our rate card. Looking forward to working with you!
The most common questions are…
“How do I submit?”
- Create a profile on submissions.theprettyblog.com when the submission portal opens.
- Sign in and create a new submission under the relevant category.
- Complete all the text fields and service provider credits and upload your photos. You can either submit immediately or save the submission as a draft and come back to it at a later stage (only valid whilst the submission period is open).
“How do I get featured?”
Easy, here are some tips to create a great submission: use top quality images, tell a unique story (i.e. the inspiration of the shoot/the couple story/the how-to) that fits into The Pretty Blog aesthetic and make sure to submit through our submission portal. For some inspiration, we have put together a selection of images we truly love and which have been featured in the past. Should you have any questions, make sure to get in touch on our Contact Us page and we’ll be to help!
“How many images should I submit?”
- Weddings, inspiration stories or styled shoots: 50 – 80 images
- Home, shop & market tours: 15 – 40 images
- Fashion shoots: 15 – 30 images
- Travel stories: 20 – 80 images
- Food & recipes: 3 – 10
- DIY’s & printables: 3 – 10
- Family & kids inspiration: 20 – 35 images (we are looking for inspiring content in the areas of kids party ideas, beautiful rooms and homes, family outings and activities etc.)
Some important info!
Image & video requirements:
- If you are not the photographer, please make sure that you have the permission from the photographer to use the photos.
- The images should be clean and simple, with minimal editing – as few effects and filters as possible. If you have a specific editing style, ensure that it’s consistent throughout the story.
- Ensure that images are named specifically for the submission and that there are no characters (e.g. apostrophes) in the file names. Eg. TPB_PhotographerName_SubmissionName.jpeg
- Ensure that file sizes are not bigger than 2MB.
- Ensure that images are converted to the sRGB colour profile.
- Images should be no smaller than 1500 pixels wide (on the shortest side), in 72dpi.
- They should be submitted as single photos – no collages/compilations will be accepted.
- No watermarks/logos/rounded corners/borders.
- Whether submitting images or a video, please ensure you include both portrait and landscape images (for videos we need at least 1 portrait and 1 landscape image that meet the image requirements to use on the blog).
- Please remember to include all the relevant service providers when submitting a video.
Crediting is very important to us:
- For feature credits we rely on the information you supply us in the submission. Please make sure to fill out the fields completely – include the correct links to their business websites/online profiles as we use these for the crediting.
- If a feature goes live and you’d like to change the link or any details please get in touch directly and we will make the changes where possible.
Photos: Carla Likes Photos, First Fruit Table, Rensche Mari, Adam Letch, Christine Meintjes, Claire Thomson, Nerea Robles, Inge Kooiman, Tasha Seccombe, Wesley Vorster, Chantall Marshall, Samantha Clifton, Nadia Meli, Pritti, Andrea van der Spuy