To say that we love a yummy burger may be a slight understatement – if we’re not featuring a new burger recipe, we’re showcasing a fabulous burger joint and if we’re not doing either, we’re probably burger-in-hand (usually around 4PM on a Friday afternoon specifically). You can only imagine our excitement when Hellmann’s #RockYourBurger campaign launched earlier this year on International Burger Day. The campaign kicked off in Johannesburg and involved a crazy cool food truck, selfies, more selfies, selfies printed on burger buns, fundis, foodies, delicious burger creations and a massive, fun-filled cook-off.
If you can’t believe that you missed out, don’t worry, we were totally feeling the FOMO on the day – the good news, however, is that the #RockYourBurger campaign is far from over! The Hellmann’s food truck has been travelling through the country, stopping at festivals, street fairs and soirees – we can’t wait to see where the next stop is to make sure that we also have a chance to get our faces on a burger (literally)!
In the meantime, Hellmann’s has challenged us to create our own burger recipe using their famous mayo. We’ve seen, and are avid fans of, all the varieties of chicken-and-beef burgers out there. However, we wanted to create a delectable, memorable burger that promised to blow your mind – enter the Simple Salmon Burger with Dill Mayo. With summer around the corner, we wanted something fresh, light and tangy that can be enjoyed with a glass of ice cold Sauvignon Blanc on the side. An unusually luxurious touch is added by using delicious, melt-in-your-mouth salmon and a fresh dill mayo. It’s unlike anything you’ll ever taste and we can’t wait to fire up the grill for this one!
Your chance to win big!
A great burger is only as good as the ingredients and tools used to make it. To help you make the best burger you can, we teamed up with Hellmann’s to give away the ultimate hamper for a yummy burger. It includes a Le Creuset Cast Iron Grill, a Mini Burger Press, a R200 Yuppiechef Voucher, a wooden chopping board and assorted Hellmann’s beautifully branded products, including a jar of the good stuff (it’s not called the world’s no. 1 mayo for nothing!).
To find out about the latest news and #Rockyourburger events, head to their Facebook and Twitter for more info. Enter our giveaway below and stand a chance to win the awesome Hellman’s #Rockyourburger hamper!
Salmon trout patties
- 600g Fresh salmon trout fillets, skinless and boneless
- 15ml Dijon mustard
- 15ml Fresh ginger, finely grated
- Rind of 1 lemon, finely grated
- 15ml Black or white sesame seeds
- 1/2 cup Fresh white breadcrumbs
- A handful of coriander leaves, finely chopped
- 1 cup Hellman’s mayonnaise
- A handful of fresh dill, finely chopped
- 4 large sesame burger buns, cut horizontally, buttered and toasted
- A small bag of red lettuce, shredded
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 30ml Olive oil, for frying
- Cooked potato chips, for serving (optional)
- Place about 1/5 of the fish in a food processor with the mustard and pulse to a smooth pulp. To bind – instead of egg.
- Use a sharp knife to cut the remaining fish into small cubes of maximum 1x1cm in size.
- In a mixing bowl, add the diced fish, fish pulp, ginger, lemon rind, sesame, bread crumbs and coriander with a generous amount of salt and pepper. Mix well (clean hands work the best).
- Divide the patty mixture into four, then shape with your hands into discs.
- Heat the olive oil in a non-stick pan and fry the patties on both sides until golden brown on the outside. Do not overcook.
- For the dill mayo, mix one cup of Hellmann’s mayonnaise with the juice of half a lemon and a handful of fresh dill in a bowl.
Add your images
Drag one or more of the thumbnails from the top of the screen and plece them here
(max of 4 images)
- Place some shredded lettuce on the bottom half of each bun, top with a patty and a generous dollop of the dill mayo.
- Garnish with some coriander and the top half of the bun. Serve immediately with a side of crispy chips.