Nestled in the heart of Constantia is a lovely courtyard specifically geared towards pampering women. The Constantia Village Courtyard is home to a hot yoga studio and health cafe, a beauty and hair salon, coffee shops and home, kids and lifestyle boutiques, all with something beautiful and unique to offer.
Right at the centre of this courtyard is Madison Boutique – a beautiful women’s clothing boutique that pulls you in with its gorgeously styled window displays. The beauty continues inside, where every rail and shelf displays something special that makes you want to look a little closer. The space is relaxed and tranquil – you’ll be tempted to take a seat on the sofa with a cup of coffee and contemplate which beautiful items you’ll be taking home with you.
You’ll be welcomed with a warm greeting from owner Debbie who will encourage you to enjoy the shopping experience at your own pace, with as much personal attention and styling advice as you’d like – and enjoying that coffee on the couch is encouraged!
The store offers a well curated selection of international clothing brands – including all sizes and a great variety of colour choices and styles within each brand. Their trademark is selecting unique, versatile and investment pieces that will last for many seasons. They offer a complete wardrobe made up of essential basics with an edge, things that you need for a capsule wardrobe but that are distinctive in design and style. There are also stunning statement pieces, perfect for special occasions.
Madison Boutique started almost seventeen years ago as a family run business. Debbie and her mom had no formal background in fashion – but a good eye for beautiful items and a great work ethic have turned the business into a household name for personalised shopping in Cape Town’s southern suburbs.
I visited Madison Boutique and chatted to Debbie about her romance with retail and her passion for her business (I will confess – I didn’t leave the store empty handed. I’m now the owner of a beautiful statement sequinned blazer by designer Karien Belle and a very versatile dress from the Australian Metalicus range which I know I will be wearing from desk to dinner for seasons to come).
What makes the Madison Boutique experience special?
We are absolutely passionate about the store and love what we do. This translates to a highly personalised shopping experience, which is hard to find these days. We pay great attention to the needs of each individual customer and offer head to toe styling advice for them. We are incredibly honest about what we think suits the customer – we want each person to feel wonderful when they step out the store with their newly purchased garments.
We offer advice about shapes and fits and are also always on trend yet don’t encourage people to buy items that are for ‘this season only’. We believe in investment pieces rather than disposable fashion! We update the stock offering on a weekly basis and so we have built up a loyal client base who excitedly pop in for a regular coffee and a chat and to to see what is new and special for them to add to their wardrobes.
How do you choose which brands and items to stock in store?
I shop with the Madison woman in mind. She is someone who really loves beautiful clothing but will most often choose an item that will have longevity rather than a disposable trend. She is a woman who loves good quality basics but is brave enough to incorporate something striking and edgy into her look too. Honestly, I’ve experimented with many different selections and approaches over the years and have honed the offering into what I anticipate will work – it’s the interesting part of retail, we are always evolving! I’m always on the lookout for something new that will add to the experience.
Aside from many varying apparel ranges from places such as Amsterdam, London, Paris, Columbia, Spain and Australia we have discovered some lovely local accessory brands – House of Cinnamon shoes and Apis Atelier jewellery.
We have also been lucky enough to find some great brands that are socially responsible. We have a fair trade brand of beautiful embroidered poetry scarves that employ women who are widowed, as well as a swimwear range that plants a tree for every item they manufacture. As our business is a luxury based business we too try to give back and are committed to donating all our end of ranges after the sale to the non profit organisation called Chic Mammas Do Care. They resell the clothes at a reduced price and use the money to build schools in under privileged areas.
We look for clever products too, one in particular is the Mighty Purse which is a purse/bag that has a built in battery which charges your cell phone on the go!
Something different … your pop up shops – tell us more?
We do offer pop-up shops. This is a mobile shopping experience that we can set up at someone’s home or venue. We bring a lovely vibe – music, champagne and and a variety of different stock at different price points. We can do a luxury full priced offering as well as a big sale selection and can assist with styling advice on the day.
Visit Madison Boutique
Visit this lovely space and enjoy the Madison Boutique shopping experience for yourself. You can find the store in the Constantia Village Courtyard on Constantia Main Road, Cape Town.
It’s a Giveaway!
One lucky reader will be winning a phenomenal treat with Madison Boutique!
The prize is a gift voucher for R1500 and a Mighty Purse valued at R2000. The gift voucher will allow the winner to select something they love that suits their shape and style from any of the international brands that Madison Boutique stocks. And the Mighty Purse is the must have accessory for every girl which charges your phone on the go with its built in battery.
Terms & Conditions
- We regret, you may only enter this competition if you are residing in South Africa and over 18 years of age, and in possession of a valid identity document.
- The winner will be required to provide proof of identification when receiving the prize. Only one entry per person. Entries are only accepted through the entry form on this post (i.e. via The Pretty Blog).
- This prize is not transferable for cash.
- Prizes are not negotiable, transferable or exchangeable.
- The prize will be awarded through a random selection on The Pretty Blog.
- Please note that all images used in this post are purely for inspiration and the experience might look different than the exact images used here.
- Competition commences on 27 June 2016 at 10:30am and closes 5pm on 4 July 2016. No late entries will be accepted.
- The Pretty Blog is only the promoter of this competition and will not be held liable for any damages or claims concerning these products or services.
- Directors, shareholders, employees, agents, consultants and tenants of Madison Boutique and/or The Pretty Blog, and their immediate relatives and staff members, may not enter this competition.
- Winners may be requested to permit Madison Boutique and The Pretty Blog to publish their names and photographs for marketing purposes, but may decline the request.
- The organiser’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- By entering this competition, entrants agree to and accept these terms and conditions.