Summer’s arrived and we are adding a few pretty new pieces to our wardrobes. Christine and I recently visited the Poetry Stores HQ and we had free reign to put together our favourite looks for this summer from the Poetry closet. Our different personalities shone through – me loving all things bold, bright and feminine and Christine loving the minimalist option with a touch of comfort. We each put together a couple of our top picks to share with you.
And even better, as part of our #UnwrapEarly giveaway series, one lucky reader will be winning a voucher to shop Poetry’s summer collection for themselves.
Pattern & Print
I really love bold prints, patterns and unusual textures. My first outfit pick was a floral printed cami teamed with a double layered, textured skirt. I loved the bold floral pattern combined with the navy skirt with the scarlet fabric showing through patterned cut-outs. Bold, playful, feminine – this is the perfect summer statement outfit!
Don’t be shy to pair print and pattern to make a bold statement, as long as the colours are cohesive. ~Toni, Editor at The Pretty Blog
The Summer Jumpsuit
I’m loving the jumpsuit staple this season. It’s such a flattering and versatile item – the kind of thing you can reach for when in doubt, can pack in to your travel bag and can dress up or down with a simple swapping of shoes. Equally suitable for a summer lunch or a special occasion, the jumpsuit is a summer must-have. I also loved the fresh faced look our talented make-up artist, Caren, created – perfectly suited to the fun, summer prints and textures!
Anyone who knows Christine, knows that she’s a minimalist at heart. Not surprising that Poetry’s white summer range and monochrome items caught her eye!
The Monochrome Tunic Dress
Christine loved the comfortable look of this simple and modern tunic dress. The classic black and white stripe is easy to pair with any accessories and looks tomboyishly cool and casual when paired with sneakers.
I’m a minimalist at heart. For me less is more and simple is stylish. ~ Christine – Founder of The Pretty Blog
Crisp White & Brogue
Christine’s absolute summer staple is a pair of white jeans and a crisp white shirt that is well tailored. She’s a wedding photographer so is always on the lookout for a stylish and comfortable shoe-ware option for the hours she spends shooting – these brogues are the perfect mix of comfort and style.
The Special Occasion Dress
Poetry has brought out some really pretty occasion wear this summer. Christine loved the fuss-free femininity of this white occasion dress. A perfect option for a special summer occasion.
Get the look: shop the Poetry Rusaan Occasion Dress online.
It’s a Giveaway!
One lucky reader will be looking summer-stylish when they win a R3000 voucher to shop their own summer favourites at Poetry. Entries are open for 24 hours – hurry, the lucky winner will be chosen tomorrow at 8am!
For more check out Poetry Stores on:
Terms & Conditions
- We regret, you may only enter this competition if you are residing in South Africa and over 18 years of age, and in possession of a valid identity document.
- The winner will be required to provide proof of identification when receiving the prize. Only one entry per person. Entries are only accepted through the entry form on this post (i.e. via The Pretty Blog).
- This prize is not transferable for cash.
- Prizes are not negotiable, transferable or exchangeable.
- The prize will be awarded through a random selection on The Pretty Blog.
- Please note that all images used in this post are purely for inspiration and the experience might look different than the exact images used here.
- Competition commences 11 December 2015 at 8am and closes 8am on the following day. No late entries will be accepted.
- The Pretty Blog is only the promoter of this competition and will not be held liable for any damages or claims concerning these products or services.
- Directors, shareholders, employees, agents, consultants and tenants of Poetry and/or The Pretty Blog, and their immediate relatives and staff members, may not enter this competition.
- Winners may be requested to permit Poetry and the Pretty Blog to publish their names and photographs for marketing purposes, but may decline the request.
- The organiser’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- By entering this competition, entrants agree to and accept these terms and conditions.