We’re all gearing up for a few weeks of entertaining and celebrating this season. I simply love spoiling my guests with some small bites before the start of a meal. If you keep it simple, it won’t take up too much time and will add so much to your gathering. The combination of melon and ham is a true classic but I’ve added some blue cheese and basil leaves for a savoury, creamy touch and it works like a charm. No cooking required, just cut, skewer and serve. Treat yourself and your guests to some fabulous-looking canapés this year – it’s totally worth it!
- Melon, peeled and seeds removed
- 250g Blue cheese
- 160 to 200g finely sliced prosciutto
- A handful of fresh basil leaves
- Cut the melon and blue cheese into 2 x 2cm cubes.
- Fold each piece of prosciutto into a neat little stack.
- Use small skewers to arrange the melon, blue cheese, prosciutto and basil into a neat upright stack. Serve immediately.