These frozen lollies are my new favourite guilt-free summer treat. Not only are they packed full of delicious fruit, but the green tea is a great anti-oxidant and the yoghurt full of protein and probiotics.
These are a great, healthy substitute for the bright orange-stain inducing granadilla lollies on the beach and they really are so packed with naturally sweet fruit that the kids (and you) won’t even notice the difference!
You can either combine the green tea and yoghurt or use them entirely separately – up to you, the options are endless!
- loose leaf green tea tbsp 1
- boiling water ml 250
- double cream plain yoghurt ml 250
- Preparation Time 15 minutes
- Freezing Time 1.5 – 2 hours
- Pour the boiling water over the loose tea leaves and leave to infuse. Allow to stand until relatively strong then strain out the leaves and leave the infused water to cool completely.
- While the water is cooling, wash and prepare your fresh fruit and herbs, chopping any fruit smaller if necessary to fit your lolly mould.
- Once the green tea mixture has cooled, combine with the greek yoghurt – you do not have to use all of the green tea – it all depends on how strong a green tea flavour you prefer. You can also set aside some green tea mixture to make plain green tea lollies. These are lovely and fresh.
- Pop your fresh fruit and herbs into the lolly moulds.
- Top with the yoghurt & green tea mixture, making sure to fill all the gaps between the fruit.
- Place in the freezer and freeze for one and a half to two hours or until completely frozen.
- Remove from the freezer a few minutes before you are ready to serve them. Allowing them to thaw slightly makes them easier to remove from the moulds.