Now that summer’s here, we’re all in the mood for champagne cocktails. Such a fresh and rejuvenating recipe, this is perfect for any get-together (especially a New Year’s Eve party!). You can easily substitute the champagne for any brut sparkling wine.
I like to make it as pre-dinner tipple, handing one to my guests as soon as they step through the door. It’s quick to prepare and can be made in large quantities. – Lindsay
- 1 cup Freshly squeezed lemon juice (5 to 6 lemons)
- 1/2 cup Caster sugar
- 1 cup Crushed ice
- 2 cups Cold water
- Place the champagne glasses in the freezer to chill and to make sure your bubbly is nice and cold.
- Place the lemon juice, sugar, crushed ice and water in a blender and process until completely smooth. If the mixture is too tangy for you, add more sugar or water to taste, but you want it to have a bit of a kick.
- Fill the chilled glasses with the lemon mixture to the halfway point and then top up with your cold bubbly.
- Decorate with a curl of lemon peel or rose petals and serve immediately.