Food is super important at a wedding, or any social gathering for that matter. What’s more is you will probably spend the biggest chunk of your budget on the catering! So take the same care as with the other arrangements, when planning your menu. Make sure it suits your personality and the style or theme of your wedding.
If you are looking for mouthwatering, good quality food for your wedding then you should contact Love to Eat Catering. They are situated in the gorgeous winelands of Constantia Valley. Love to Eat Catering cater for weddings, special occasions and high teas. Illanique from Love to Eat catering has a few tips for our brides when it comes to food at a wedding.
Love to Eat Catering’s top tips:
- It is important that the wedding menu you choose reflects your own style – do whatever you want to and forget about the rules! If you do not want a starter, then simply leave it out. If cupcakes make you happy, then go for it!
- Guests are often spoilt for choice at wedding buffets, which is fantastic but puts great strain on your budget. Ideally, start off with a welcome drink and a few canapes at the start of your reception. For the buffet: choose one or two starches, a red and white meat/fish option and a few veggies and salads. Lastly, you can serve your favourite dessert and possibly a fruit/cheese option with it.
- Keeping your wedding food simple and light while beautifully presented makes for a refreshing meal without having to blow the budget on expensive ingredients/dishes.
- For an informal dinner or lunch: create beautifully decorated self-help stations for drinks, finger food, dinner and dessert. This way you will save on service staff.
- A beautiful garden high tea is a refreshing alternative to a sit down wedding dinner. It is a creative way of celebrating your special day and the high tea can be modified to add some substantial savoury bites in between all the sweet options.
- Instead of one plated dessert, make a dessert buffet with a selection of a few smaller desserts.