Cape Town is certainly an urban hotspot for creativity and craftsmanship. It’s no wonder that this year the mother city is painted in yellow to wear the crown as the official Design Capital of 2014. To show our support we wanted to devote our monthly editorial shoot to the creative talent of our local designers and artists.
Of course, given the colour scheme of black, white and yellow, we couldn’t think of a better location than the legendary Superette situated in the Woodstock Exchange Building. Against this quirky and artistic backdrop we teamed up with the Capetonian Kamini Pather, winner of Masterchef SA. She willingly got dolled up with a splash of yellow in the gorgeous garments of Habits and Klûk CGDT, as we played around with some original creations of our favourite local designers which we’ve listed below.
- Photographers: Christine Meintjes Photography |
- Styling: Anneke from The Pretty Blog |
- Hair & Make Up: Alicia Buckle |
- Dresses: Malcolm Kluk |
- Yellow Dress: Habits |
- Wooden Props & Jewellery : PRESENT space |
- Ceramics: Klomp Ceramics |
- Material Props: Zana |
- Floral Design: Flowers in the Foyer |
- Furniture props: Pedersan & Lennard |
- Shoes: Lilikoi |
- Model : Kamini Pather |