If you’re a regular reader of our blog you’ll know all about Yuppiechef. They sell some of the world’s finest kitchen tools and offer an awesome, hassle-free online wedding registry. Over the next few months we’ll be collaborating with them to bring you some wisdom from a few not-so-newly-weds on their favourite wedding gifts. Perhaps we will inspire a little kitchen adventure too. To kick things off we’ve got our very own Christine and her husband Iaan showing us their favourite item on their registry.
Iaan and Christine’s big day:
Christine and Iaan dated for 8 ½ years before tying the knot in October 2010, at Kleinevalleij in Wellington. Needless to say their wedding day was incredibly special, but Christine says that since their wedding things have just got better and better! They finished their dream home at the end of last year and are blessed to work together and share the same passion for life, people and business. Iaan and Christine set up their gift registry at Yuppiechef. They loved all the trendy kitchen tools their friends and family could choose from. And they were super impressed with the service and personal touches added by Yuppiechef.
Iaan and Christine’s favourite item from their registry:
It’s difficult to choose a favourite present but we love eating ice cream – we even got engaged while having some ice cream in Germany – so the Magimix Le Glacier Turbine Ice Cream Maker tops our list. It’s so easy to use (it makes sorbet, ice cream and frozen yoghurt in about 20 minutes) and it’s a fun thing to do together.
We love anything fruity. The frozen cherry yoghurt from Paul Gayler’s Little Book of Ice-creams & Sorbets is one of our favourites.
75g icing sugar
350ml low-fat Bulgarian yoghurt
Juice of 1 lemon
300g fresh or tinned cherries in syrup, puréed
2 tbsp Kirsch liqueur
150ml cream, semi-whipped
2 egg whites, beaten until stiff
1. Place the icing sugar and yoghurt in a bowl and mix well.
2. Add lemon juice, puréed cherries and Kirsch.
3. Fold in the whipped cream and egg whites.
4. Transfer the mixture into the MagiMix Le Glacier Turbine Ice Cream Maker and watch this awesome tool work its magic. The mixture will soon become thick and slushy in consistency (approximately 15-20 minutes).
5. Transfer to a plastic container and freeze until ready for use.
6. Take out about 20 minutes before serving to allow the yoghurt to soften.