- 2 tbsp (30ml) olive oil
- 1 onion
- 2 cloves of garlic, crushed
- 1 tbsp (15ml) NoMU Spanish Rub
- 1 chorizo sausage, thinly sliced
- 1 cup (250ml) Arborio rice (risotto rice)
- ¼ cup (60ml) dry white wine
- a pinch of saffron
- 1L (4 cups) good quality chicken stock
- A mixture of seafood. I used 8 prawns, 200g de-veined and sliced calamari, 300g cubed kingklip (or any other white fish) and 12 cleaned black mussels.
- ½ cup (125ml) peas
- 100g black olives, pitted
- 15ml parsley, finely chopped
- 1 lemon, cut into wedges
Heat a heavy based saucepan (Paella pan is best) over medium heat with olive oil and gently fry onion, garlic, NoMU Spanish Rub and chorizo for about a minute.
Add rice and sauté for a further minute until rice becomes translucent.
Step 3Add wine and stir until absorbed. Add saffron to stock and bring to a simmer.
Step 4Slowly add hot stock and cook gently over medium heat until rice is just underdone.
Place prawns, calamari, kingklip, mussels (having discarded any that are opened already) and peas over rice and cover with lid. Allow to cook for about 8 – 10 minutes or until fish is just cooked and the mussels have steamed open.
Step 6Scatter with olives and chopped parsley and serve with lemon wedges.