- Heat the water & salt over high heat to boiling point, then add polenta and stir well. Lower heat to a slow simmer, then cook for 5-10 minutes until it starts to thicken, stirring often to prevent burning.
- Add cream and parmesan cheese, then stir until the cheese has melted. Season with salt & pepper. Polenta will thicken on standing, so if yours solidifies after leaving it for too long, just add a little boiling water and stir well.
For the spicy chicken livers:
- In a medium size pan on the stove top, heat oil over medium heat then fry onion until soft and translucent.
- Add chicken livers, then fry until for about 5 minutes until it is golden brown outside.
- Add masala, paprika, tomato paste and Worcester sauce and stir well. Add cream and bring to the boil. Cook for about 3-5 minutes uncovered until the cream has thickened.
- Season to taste with salt & pepper.
- Serve immediately on a bed of polenta, or with crusty bread. Top with some chopped coriander leaves.