Berry Pavlova Roll
Preparation :20 min
Baking :20 min
- Preheat oven to 180 ˚C.
- Prepare a 40cm x 45cm baking tray with a roasting bag of 25cm x40cm. To do so, cut the bag open along the one side and at the bottom to form a rectangular sheet. Spray the lined baking tray with cooking spray to grease any uncovered areas.
- Place the egg whites in an electric mixer and whisk on high until stiff peaks form.
- Combine cornstarch and sugar, and gradually add it to the egg white mixture, one tablespoon at a time. Whisk until the mixture is thick and glossy. Finally add the vanilla essence.
- Spoon the mixture into the prepared baking and use a palette knife to spread the mixture evenly in the baking tray.
- Bake 15-20 minutes until the meringue starts to turn light brown. Leave to cool for about 5 minutes.
- Turn meringue out onto a large piece of baking paper while it is still lukewarm.
- For the filling, whip the cream with the caster sugar.
- Spread the cream over the surface of the meringue, place the fruit on top and carefully fold over to enclose. Dust with icing sugar just before serving.
- Serve within 4-5 hours, alternatively you can freeze it and serve the roll as a frozen dessert.
- Photographer : Christine Meintjes Photography |
- Recipes, testing, preparation & styling: Petro Meintjes |