Have you been following our Kitchen Diaries series collaboration with Yuppiechef? We call on the wisdom and experience of a few not-so-newly-weds and ask them which wedding registry gift they’ve loved the most.
We started with Iaan and Christine making cherry frozen yoghurt in the Magimix Le Glacier Turbine Ice Cream Maker. Next came Ali and Steve showing us how to make tagliatelle with the Imperia Pasta Machine. This month we’ve got Jeanne and Adii showing us how it’s done with the Zoku Quick Pop Maker. We can’t wait to try the litchi mojito pops.
Jeanne and Adii’s big day
We got married in Stellenbosch about two years ago and married life has been a fantastic whirlwind of new experiences and ongoing adventures. When we are not working, we both enjoy hanging out with our little son, spending time in our kitchen, testing out new recipes and playing with our Yuppiechef gadgets.
Jeanne and Adii’s recommended registry item:
The Zoku Quick Pop Maker has definitely been one of our favourite Yuppiechef products. Because it’s a lot of fun to make, we usually invite friends over and make the quick pops together. It always impresses at dinner parties when we make aperitifs and desserts in the form of ice lollies. It’s also a healthy alternative to ice cream, as we use fresh ingredients and juice when making it for the little ones.
The Zoku Quick Pop Maker in action:
We store our Zoku in the freezer so it is always ready for action. Each round of pops takes just seven minutes to set right on the counter top. The Zoku makes three rounds of pops before requiring freezing again. If you want to make your Zokus ahead of time store them in a Zoku storage case to prevent freezer burn.
We made three different types of Zokus: fruit face pops perfect for teething babes; inside-outside zokus and litchi mojito zokus for the grown ups.
For the fruit face Zokus
- Slice the apple into 3mm slices.
- Cut out face shapes using your ZokuQuick Pop character tool kit
- Soak apple faces in water to prevent from colouring.
- Place the on the blue angle tool kit plate
- Apply apple pieces to Zokutool kit spatula and press lightly against the inside of the Zoku . Leave in for 15 seconds
- Pour juice inside and wait for it to freeze before taking it out with the super tool.
For the inside – outside Zokus:
- Pour litchi juice into the Zoku. Wait until the outside layer of juice has frozen before you suck the inside out with a straw.
- Now pour orange juice into the Zoku. Wait for it to freeze before removing it with the Super Tool.
For the litchi mojito
- Place a thin slice of lime on the inside of the Zoku with the spatula. Wait until it is stuck to the inside.
- Put a couple of mint leaves inside.
- Pour some mojito mix (litchi juice with a dash of Rum) halfway into the Zoku. Add some more mint leaves and fill up with mojito mix.
- Remove with the super tool once done and enjoy!
For more recipes and inspiration such as rosé and kiwifruit Zokus, peanut butter and dark chocolate Zokus and the new Zoku chocolate station check out Yuppiechef’s online Spatula magazine. Alternatively there is a Zoku recipe book crammed with inspiring ideas.
View Post Tags