Today I’m going to show you how to make an Initial Paper Collage – we’re focusing on an ‘M’ for Mother’s Day, but this is also great as a gift for couple’s getting married if you want to give them their initials framed as a gift.
Step 1: Find beautiful paper & a perfect frame.
Visit your nearest paper shop or craft store and select a range of papers that you feel will fit best with the person you are making this gift for. Also find a ready made frame at a home ware store. I found a perfect little square frame sized at 175mm x 175mm.
Step 2: What you need to buy:
Budget: under R250
1. Blank piece of card to build your collage on.
2. A selection of beautiful scrap book papers – these vary between R10-R15 per sheet.
3. A ready made frame from home ware store R130
4. A pair of scissors, a pencil & glue.
Step 3: Getting started:
1. Open the frame and take out the placeholder card inside, use this to cut out the correct piece of paper from the blank piece of card.
2. Use the printable M you can download here, place this against the window with your plain piece of cut card over this and trace an ‘M’ for a placeholder.
3. Start cutting out shapes and pieces from your selection of scrap book papers.
4. Arrange these on the page first before glueing to see how the layout comes together.
5. Once you are happy with the design, carefully start glueing the bits and pieces to your blank card.
6. Once all the pieces are glued to card & the glue is dry, place the collage in your ready made frame.
7. Tie with ribbon and give to that someone special.
By Charlene Walton from Blankspace
View Post Tags