For the DIY today, we decided to make something that is quite easy and fun to create, a handmade mobile. We wanted to get into the autumn feel of things and decided to hang these cute squirrel-acorn-leave designs from our mobile. Now this is were the fun part comes in, you can create these designs out of a variety of materials like cork (which we used here), pretty colourful papers, fabric, felt or wood, the choice is yours. You can also combine these different materials to create a specific mood or theme to your mobile.
To start, simply download the PRINTABLE PDF here and follow the eight easy steps on how to create your own Handmade Mobile.
1 x 35cm of a 5mm wooden dowel
1 x 25cm of a 5mm wooden dowel
1 x 20cm of a 5mm wooden dowel
A4 sheets of think paper/card/cork (any colour of your choice)
A pair of scissors / a crafting knife
Some string (+- 3meters)
6 x small bulldog clips
1. Please print the downloaded PDF onto thick A4 paper or card
2. Trim each shape by cutting on the dotted line with your scissors or craft knife.
3. To make the mobile out of different materials like cork, trace the card cutout onto the cork sheet and trim the shape with your crafting knife.
4. Take a piece of string (+-50cm) and attach it to the middle of each wooden stick.
5. Make a small hole in each of your cutout shapes you want to use and tie another piece of string to it (vary the lengths)
6. Connect the top of these strings with a bulldog clip to both edges of the 25cm and the 20cm sticks.
7. Attach the top string to the roof or a light
8. Balance the mobile by moving the string from side to side until it is level.
Have fun and enjoy!
SugarpenguinView Post Tags